Saturday, April 13, 2013

Succulent Wreath



This morning I attended a succulent wreath making class! It was fantastic. I took the class at Phelan Gardens. I made a link so you can go to the website but it seems that their website is under construction at them moment. But if you check back in a few days or a week or so it will probably be running again.  




I had planned on taking pictures to show you guys how to make the wreath but it was a lot messier then I expected! If you guys would like to know how to make one let me know! Maybe I can make one at home and post how it's done. It's really very simple.




This plant above was my favorite of the group we could choose from. I wanted to plant a few more, but it took me a long time to secure my wreath with fishing line and by the time I was finished all the rest were taken. But that's ok! I got one and I will be taking some leaves and trying to grow more. I just love the red edged leaves!




I plan to add some of my own succulents to this and see how they do. I will post pictures in a few weeks to let you all know how it's doing! I guess some people keep these just laying down as a center piece on a table and then some people hang them up. A tip I learned today is to stick golf tee's in the back of it to keep your walls from getting wet and moldy.




This was a cute little plant that I bought extra. When my husband and I were dating he gave me my first succulent and I believe it was this same type! My doggies killed my first one by accident by knocking it off of my window seat and breaking it in half. I tried to save what was left but it didn't make it. I was very fortunate to find this one today!





There are lots of different ways to decorate with these wreaths! A girl in the class and I decided that a succulent wreath would make a good mothers day gift. Anyway, please comment and let me know if you would want to see a photo DIY tutorial on succulent wreaths or if there's anything else you would want me to blog about!



Violet Hill by Brooke Fraser on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment